This tournament was very interested and 20 players did show up. They played first the qualification games for the quarter final. The 8 players were the best 2 of each of the 4 groups.
Last Thursday March 21st, the FTMK organized the table tennis 50+ Tournament sponsored by a former table tennis player from the 60’s Ashley Hollander, owner of Bremar Agencies.
In the quarter finals the following matches were played:
- Jacinto Zimmerman vs Mary-Ann Mac Leod 3-0
- Raymond Begina vs Wilfred Daantje 3-0
- Peter Wong vs Eric Adamus 3-0
- Hensley Wentwoord vs Erwin Sophia 3-2
- Raymond Begina vs Peter Wong 3-0
- Jacinto Zimmerman vs Hensley Wentwoord 1-3
So like the last 2 years the battle for the title in this category was again between Raymond Begina versus Hensley Wentwoord. For the umpteenth time Raymond showed that he is the best by defeating Hensley in a very tight 5 sets: 11-5 / 8-11 / 11-5 / 11-13 /12-10